Sunday 29 January 2012

Little Victories

The other day I had the moment which to be honest I can not remember a month not having… OMG its almost the end of the Month.  

For me this also means that the month of Authenticity is coming to an end.  It is funny how when you put something out there, without knowing it… it happens. 

In the past week I have felt very Jen.  I find I am being stronger where I need to be.

Whether it be an interaction with a person who I finally got to feel myself for once with, when in the past I felt small.  

Or at class during a status workshop, me saying "I think I am low status" and getting a response "in what world are you low status." Thank you. 

I know at times I can be lower status then I need to be in that situation.  However I need to remember that I need to embrace… maybe not high status, but Jen Status.  Which is where I am perfect for that moment.  Though this will not always be pretty...  Hopefully it will be the right move at that time. 

So i will accept these things about me:

- I cry
- I can wear my heart on my sleeve
- I Can be very independent but also deep down want to know something will be there to catch me if I fall. 
- Things affect me

But I am also learning to love these things about me:

- I cry
- I can wear my heart on my sleeve
- I Can be very independent but also deep down want to know something will be there to catch me if I fall. 
- Things affect me

This project for me is about learning to see myself in the best possible light.   No one is perfect, everyone has things that essentially make them human.  

So lets learn to love who we are. 

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? YAnd as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~ Marrianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment